Thursday 3 May 2012

Some big announcements


Hello guys, I am making a few changes to my blog:

I am changing my writing

Awesome people keep telling me that they are behind on my blog and to be honest I don’t blame you guys, hell even I am behind on my blog!  Writing about every day is just too intense so I am changing what I write about.  My blog will still be like an online diary but rather than writing about everyday events I am going to focus more on big events.

Life in the picture is returning as a series

Most of you guys probably won’t know this but I am very much into photography.  Actually photography was my second choice as a degree to study at university but lost out in the finals to Civil Engineering.  On reflection I think a degree in photography is probably a waste of time anyway.

But anyway the way this series will work is that I will post a series of beautiful photos following a theme (like buildings, nature etc) all in and around Sydney.  At the same time I will announce what next’s week theme will be so you can look forward to it.  This series will be a weekly thing although I haven’t picked a day etc, either Wednesday or Saturday.  This series will start just as soon as I can afford a proper camera, at the moment I am eyeing up a Nikon D5100 for around $700, eek.

I am going to start using Videos and Video Blogging

I think using the media of video will make telling you guys about my life in Sydney more personal.  I don’t really plan on becoming a “youtuber” or anything big like that, just using videos with occasional narrations.  Videos will be posted on my youtube channel but also linked into my blog like any normal post.  I will start video blogging in the next few days.  I have a reasonable camcorder now but the quality of my videos will improve a lot after I get my Nikon D5100.

And you guys

Let me know what you think of these changes.  I very much appreciate input, comments and feedback so don’t be shy.  You can comment on this post or send me an electronic mail to my electronic mail address at takingthemike@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks, Mike 

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, yeah I agree with the fact it's a bit much for you to be writing everyday - although I do enjoy reading about your antics, you have some great discriptive sense; you could probably write some good books if you put your mind to it ... now regarding the Nikon camera - it's entirely your choice but isn't $700 a bit steep? can't you get one for $300 that's still decent? I know you're passionate about photography and you may well get your money's worth out of the D5100 but you'd also have to add money on top of that $700 for insurance, so I would suggest just weighing up your other options before you go making expensive impulse buys. Hope everything is going peachy and you're managing to get a good night's sleep now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers man, the writing style isn't going to change its just going to be slightly less day by day.

    I know the camera may seem a bit of an impulse buy but I have always wanted a slr camera, I wanted to borrow my dad's Samsung gx-1l for a year but he needed it. There is a big difference between a compact camera and an slr camera. I think now at the start of my year out is the best time to buy a good camera.

    ReplyDelete